Color Classic Information
Thanks for signing up or volunteering at the E-town Color Classic being held at 1:00 PM on April 3, 2016! On this website you will be able to find information on what to do when you get to the race, where to park, and how to get the most out of your experience. See below for details for both runners and volunteers!
- Your E-town Color Classic Gear - We have three options for you to pick up your signature E-town Color Classic t-shirt, your color-changing sunglasses, and runner information packet.
- For E-town College Students: You can pick up your t-shirts and sunglasses at the Color Classic Rally on Saturday, April 2nd from 7-9 pm.
- For Everyone Else: You can pick up your t-shirts and sunglasses at check-in the day of the race on Sunday, April 3rd, starting at 11:00 am.
- Check-In – Please plan to arrive between 11:00 am and 12:00 pm. Upon arriving at the event, stop by the Check-In Tent and give your name and we give you an official E-town Color Classic Wristband to show that you are here and ready to go!
- If you are bringing a child under 18 years, please stop by the Child Registration table to sign a quick waiver for your child. We will also have a limited supply of E-town Color Classic t-shirts available for children at the table.
- Expect to hear from your team captain prior to the start of the race for detailed instructions about what your duties will entail for race day.
- Volunteers for the race should plan on arriving at the start of the event at 11:00am. We will begin with a short debriefing followed by being split up into the different individual teams. Your team captain will direct you from this point on details on set-up and pre-race information. If there are any problems leading up to the race or during the event, your team captain should be the first person you contact.
- To obtain your volunteer shirt, you can follow the above instructions for runners.
The Course of Action:
- This fun run will take you on a scenic route around the E-town College campus. It beings on Brinser field, travels up Mt. Joy Street, onto Groff Avenue, down Campus Road, and then through College Avenue and loop back to where you started
- View the map here: http://www.mapmywalk.com/routes/view/619738230
There are multiple places on and around the Elizabethtown College that we will encourage you to park. The map at the bottom will show these places. The map can also be used as a handy guide when traveling to the start/finish of the race (also on map). Please note the places on the map where you CANNOT park at any time during the race. If there are any questions during the parking process or how to find your way to the start/finish area, please see one of our traffic control volunteers in the green vests.
Note: Please do not park at the Church of Brethren lot-it is closed due to services that day
Please only use the Hackman Lots if other lots are full.
Other Things You Should Know:
There will be a few things you can do when you arrive at the E-town Color Classic. There will be tables set up for our sponsors for you to browse, specifically our partnering organization, The Cornerstone Youth Center. This organization has partnered with us and will receive 60% of the proceeds from the race to go towards helping the youth of Elizabethtown. There will also be a DJ from 88.3 WWEC, the Elizabethtown College radio station, who will be playing music to get you pumped and ready for the beginning of the race. And if that wasn't enough, Elizabethtown College student groups will be providing some pre/post-race entertainment.
For amenities, there will be Port-o-Potties located around the start finish/line for your convenience. We will also have a bag drop station to place your belongings during the race. Volunteers will be staffed at this location to watch over the bags (Elizabethtown College and its volunteer staff are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged items at the E-town Color Classic). There will also be a refreshment center to stay hydrated before and after the race as well as some light snacks. There will be a photo station with a special E-town Color Classic backdrop near the start/finish line.
We recommend you periodically check this website as some minor information is subject to change without notice. If you have any other questions regarding the E-town Color Classic, please feel free to contact the Elizabethtown College Class of 2018 at email@example.com. We appreciate your support and we will see everyone on race day!